Until next time, Guyana

So it became time to say goodbye to Guyana and my little room in Hadfield Street. It was certainly a great experience, at times exciting, sometimes boring and everything in between. The reason I wanted to come for 6 months was to live in the country and experience the place, and I certainly did. From working in a new environment, dealing with not having a boss or a specific mission, finding new work and generally settling in I learnt a great deal. I also got to experience the country, from the rumshops and clubs of Georgetown to riding horses in the Savannah and fending for myself in the Jungle.

As has been said many times, if you drink creek water or eat Laba you will return to Guyana - I have done both a number of times, so I'm sure I will return some day. In fact some people have asked if I would stay on, and whilst the fun side of it is great, to want to stay I'd need a proper day job with a proper task, and preferably to get paid too! Nevertheless, for 6 months it was certainly a great experience, and I'd recommend anyone who doesn't know what to do next to do something like my project.

Until next time, Guyana.