Not quite home...

I write this from Barbados where I am a stranded tourist waiting for a flight home. In fact now UK airspace is open but the backlog of flights means I don't have a confirmed booking until 1st of May despite having a flight booked for 20th of April. Oh well, Virgin is covering my accommodation and food so I can't complain too much about a free holiday in Barbados, and in fact I have nothing pressing to get home to. The Virgin Atlantic office has been quite hectic here, with apparently one woman getting a bit too stressed and throwing things around. There is now a security guard in the office to keep everyone under control. With a bit of luck I might get a seat on an earlier flight but we will have to see. In the mean time I will just relax and catch up on a bit of admin (like this blog!) whilst occasionally fending off locals a number of whom seem to think that I want to buy drugs or girls. Everyone else seems to be families or older tourists so I suppose I look like a perfect buyer. This never happened to me in Guyana, perhaps a seedy side effect of being an obviously much more affluent country.