Slipper burst?

Just a couple of short bits:

I'm planning a final trip into the interior for Lethem Rodeo, which is Easter weekend. This is apparently great fun, and includes the greasy pig competition, where a pig is "greased up" and a load of children sent to catch it. Whoever catches it gets to keep it! I suppose to eat... I'm also planning another trip to Saddle Mountain Ranch during the week leading up to Rodeo which will be great fun - it was great last time and I definitely want to go again.

I had my first Sunday night on the sea wall this weekend - on a Sunday evening it gets very busy and is a recognised event. Earlier on it is quite family oriented with children running around and food on sale, and as it gets later it turns more into a load of people having a drink on the sea wall. Anyway I had a good time and met some new people - my accent is quite a novelty here, as is my translation of Guyanese English. On this occasion my flip-flop had a bit of material hanging off it. I was asked "Your slipper burst?" to which I had to think for a bit, and then replied "Oh, you mean is my flip flop broken?" to many chuckles from the Guyanese I was with.


Until next time...