The following morning

After the blackout the power came on in the night so I could enjoy a bit of breeze from the fan. However the water supply seemed to have stopped as well - I enjoyed flushing the toilet with a bucket this morning!

The creepy crawlies also have a good time in the tropical heat. There's usually one or two little lizard things around the shower area but they are very shy and not offensive. Things like cereal need to be kept in sealed tupperware as things enjoy that a lot. I had a look at some cereal that had been open but in a cupboard for a few weeks and there were some little flying things in there. Cockroaches are also an occasional problem - I think better now that some of the little holes in the flat have been sealed up. I took this picture of a few chaps who strayed onto some roach paper that had been left for them behind the fridge:



Sorry chaps.